Sales and Marketing Intern - Fall 2017
Do you enjoy reading and sharing the imagination of children’s books? If yes, keep reading!
blue manatee press is currently accepting resumes for the fall 2017 semester from students interested in exploring a career in publishing within our sales and marketing department. The student accepted will train and learn all operations of the department, including assisting the manager with all aspects of online marketing and email outreach, researching special sales opportunities (especially in the nonprofit market), email list building and research, proofreading and copy editing, order fulfillment, and publicity efforts. Students in all majors will be considered, but English, Marketing, and Communications students will be given preference.
This internship offers a flexible schedule of 10-15 hours/week, but candidates must provide their availability and schedule (academic and otherwise) for the requisite semester when applying. This is a paid position for the fall 2017 semester, with possible opportunities to continue into the spring 2018 semester.
- Provide administrative support (create promotional materials, make copies, organize files, etc.)
- Assist with sales outreach, perform mailings, assemble publicity materials, fulfill review copy requests, and assist with social media campaigns as assigned.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with relevant parent and family media and sales contacts, including reviewers and bloggers, as well as health agencies and nonprofits such as Reach Out & Read and Healthy Families America.
- Ship and organize nonprofit orders as assigned.
- Organize and maintain inventory.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong follow-up skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines in a deadline-driven environment
- Knowledge of social media platforms a plus
- Strong interest in children’s books a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator a plus
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift/carry 20 lbs and use stairs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position for which you are applying in the subject line.